1. It teaches young people about themselves.
2. It helps them to become aware of their strengths and weaknesses.
3. It teaches that leadership is not about position; it is about service.
4. It teaches them how to work with others of different personalities.
5. It teaches them how to serve within their comfort zone but, more importantly, outside of their comfort zone.
6. It teaches them the importance of an intimate walk with God.
7. It allows them to put into practice what they have learned as they serve at the National Youth Conference.
8. It allows them to spend time with like-minded young people as they learn these things.
9. There are godly adults who invest their time and love into these young people as they learn these things.
10. They make friendships for life.
There are many Free Will Baptist leaders today who attended Truth and Peace in their teenage years. It has proven itself to be a worthy investment in the lives of many young people, and we are thankful for those who have sacrificed their time and energy to make Truth and Peace possible.